F.I.D.O. created our Dog Food Bank for the express purpose of providing people of limited means a way to keep their animals. We accomplish this by offering dog food distribution services through our Food Bank to those who financially qualify.
In 2014 we added a Cat Food Bank to replace the closings of several cat food banks in the area.
Together in 2017 our Cat and Dog Food Banks:
- Provided over 156,766 meals
- Served 888 families and 2,576 Pet Companions
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility by providing documentation that they are currently receiving some form of financial assistance.
- If you are picking up for another person who has already filled out paperwork, you must provide us with a permission slip stating that they are allowing you to collect their food (only 1 extra pick up per month).
Hours are 10:00am – 2:00pm every 3rd Saturday of each month.
The following is a list of acceptable award documentations:
- Back Pack BuddiesFood Stamps Program
- Head Start
- Social Security
- Social Security Disability
- Or other Public Assistance Program
- Unemployment Letter stating available benefits
- Letter of sponsorship from a church